On Saturday I received an email from Dreamhost (my webhost) that they had detected an intrusion on one of their servers on Thursday night.
Passwords may have been compromised.
As a result, ALL users had their passwords reset and were forced to create new ones. I had nine users myself, so trying to come up with new passwords took a bit of time.

Sunday I received an email from one of my WordPress instances that there were new users being registered… something that shouldn't have been happening. Luckily they were unable to do anything more than that, but I spent a good chunk of the day locking things down. I changed all my database passwords (just for good measure), deleted unused users, deleted unused WordPress blogs (there were like 15 of them set up for my ebay project that has been dead for about a year now), and did a bit of extra tidying – just because.

End result: nothing was negatively affected, although I did have a few moments that one might refer to as "panic attacks".

On a much more pleasant note, I start a 13 week Tai Chi class on Thursday. 3 days! WOOOOOH!

Comments (9)